Editor’s note: The Author of the book ‘Instant EaselJS Starter’ by PACKT Publishing, Fabio Biondi, is a friend of mine and I also did the technical reviewing for the book. However, I want to state that I do not get any money from any of the book’s sales.
So today I’m making a small book introduction on the book Instant EaselJS Starter by PACKT Publishing, written by Fabio Biondi.
The main goal of the book is to provide the most basic information needed to instantly start creating nice looking HTML5 canvas-application. The techniques explained in the book have no special attachment to “gaming”.
The book consist of the follwing five sections
- What is EaselJS? – A brief overview on the library, what you can do with it and why it is so great.
- Installation – A short set of instructions on how to setup EaselJS for your project.
- Quick start – Teaching the basics with a typical ‘Hello World!’-application.
- Top 8 features you need to know about - This section explain the use of the eight more important features with examples.
- People and places you should get to know - Introduction additional places to get help and find resources for your projects.
The Book’s main learnings
- Displaying shapes, graphics and images
- Preloading images
- Displaying dynamic text
- Translating, transforming and rotating display objects
- Handle mouse- and touch-events
- Creating animations through tweens and spritesheets
- Build cross-platform app for desktop and mobile devices
About the author